Job Title: Tarzan Boat Lifeguard
Position Type: Full or Part Time; Memorial Day to Labor Day
Salary Range: $10/hr. $15/hr for special events
Start Date: Memorial Day Weekend; Mandatory training dates in early May
Tarzan on the Lake LLC is accepting applications for a Full or Part Time lifeguard position during the summer. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, hardworking individual looking to enjoy their summer on a boat. The ideal candidate has a servant’s heart, balances multiple priorities, and displays a professional manner at all times.
The candidate will work on the Tarzan Boat as a lifeguard (two lifeguards’ minimum) with a variety of responsibilities. Some of these will include driving the Tarzan Boat from our marina slip to designated swim areas on Cherokee & Douglas Lake, being responsible for the safety and security of all jumpers and assisting your coworker in general cleanliness of the Tarzan Boat.
*Note, our successful candidates must meet the following criteria for summer employment.
- Certified Red Cross or YMCA Certified lifeguard preferred. We will provide a company paid certification program to successful applicants. Please read below for details on this program.
- MUST be available for mandatory Boaters Safety Course. If you currently have a TN Safe Boaters Certification Card you will not need to attend. You are free to attend any other TWRA Safety Course.
- Be available prior to Memorial Weekend for one day of orientation and training.
- Be available on Weekends and Holidays.
- Work days are from 10:30am to 6:30pm. Sunday start time will be 12:30pm Private Parties are from 6-8pm after normal business hours. You will be required to stay for the party at normal hourly pay or switch with another lifeguard.
- Days of the week for operation will very on the location.
- Closed on Mondays except during holidays. (Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend)
Additional Information about our Lifeguard position
- Tarzan on the Lake LLC will provide a means for obtaining lifeguard certification if you do not have your certification. However, you MUST work a minimum of 15 days during the summer. Each day you work, a $10 credit will be applied to the cost for training. This credit is NOT deducted from your pay. If you should leave the company prior to the $150 training cost being covered, your last paycheck will be deducted to cover the remaining amount of the training. For more details of this program, contact Jim at 423-312-2295.
- During the month of August, the boat will only be operated on Saturdays and Sundays after the local schools and colleges are in session.
- Company provided lifeguard swimsuits and shirts.
- Boating experience preferred but not necessary.